Concrete Repairs Ltd (CRL) is the leading specialist asset maintenance contractor for buildings and structures operating across the UK through a network of 6 regional offices located in London, Bristol, Chesterfield, Falkirk, Kenilworth and Runcorn. Established in 1955, we provide a comprehensive asset management and maintenance service for buildings and all concrete structures. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our service and innovative engineering solutions, underpinned by our commitment to safety and sustainability.
As a Construction Manager Graduate at CRL, we will build on your existing knowledge by producing a career development plan specifically for your needs. You will follow an extensive training programme which will focus on enhancing your technical knowledge and developing your skills in Health & Safety and Management.
What Will You Be Doing?
You will get involved in working to a set of procedures that will enable you to manage all aspects of Health and Safety including producing risk assessments and method statements, inspecting temporary works, designing lift plans, and carrying out site inspections.
Quality is of key importance to our business and our clients. As you learn about the products we use, you will soon be able to produce quality plans and carry out the inspection and testing to ensure that the works are carried out to the highest standards.
You will initially be responsible for a small element of a project where you can get to grips with your people management skills within a small team, but it won’t be long before you are representing the company with clients, your supply chain, consultants, and co-workers to demonstrate your knowledge and problem-solving skills.
Commercially you will gain an understanding of how we win work and the requirements under the contract to ensure we satisfy our client’s and shareholder’s needs. This may lead you to have a secondment within our estimating or commercial departments as part of your training. All this will be undertaken with the opportunity for you to achieve the attributes needed by your preferred professional body in order that you can rapidly become a Chartered Member of it.
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) in Construction Management
- Work experience or a previous placement within a construction environment would be advantageous
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers’ licence at the time of joining
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
Why work for us
In addition to the training and support you will obtain towards developing your career with us, we offer:
- Competitive and regularly reviewed salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company vehicle (dependant on role)
- Your professional institution fees covered by us
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- 3 days paid leave per year to participate in community projects
- Comprehensive employee assistance plan
- Eye care vouchers
- Help towards evening class / hobby allowance
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply?
Please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: applications are open until 30th April 2024, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. CRL reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities to all and welcome applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, and criminal history.