Concrete Repairs Ltd (CRL) is the leading specialist asset maintenance contractor for buildings and structures operating across the UK through a network of 6 regional offices located in London, Bristol, Chesterfield, Falkirk, Kenilworth and Runcorn. Established in 1955, we provide a comprehensive asset management and maintenance service for buildings and all concrete structures. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our service and innovative engineering solutions, underpinned by our commitment to safety and sustainability.
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor at CRL, you will initially work on site involved in Construction Management or Engineering. You will continue to rotate around other disciplines to cover Quantity Surveying, Safety and Planning so you understand all aspects of Contracting, whilst learning specific repair techniques such as Concrete Repairs, Coating application, Cathodic Protection, Temporary Works as well as other trades that will be on going on our contracts.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Assist Graduate and Site Engineers in major engineering control activities.
- Carry out engineering checks as directed such as quality and dimensional control.
- Carry out surveys and site measurements.
- Provide site operatives and supply chain colleagues with information from drawings, schedules, and specifications.
- Complete quality check sheets.
- Produce as built drawings and records for activities.
- Keep accurate records (diaries, photographs, and records of site discussions).
- Work to weekly programme drafted by others.
- Produce accurate daily records of resources employed including subcontractors.
- Provide details of outputs achieved.
- You will attend university ona day or block release during the Apprenticeship.
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) and five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at the time of joining.
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers' license at the time of joining.
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relcate as part of the programme).
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Have a passion for engineering.
Why work for us
In addition to the training and support you will obtain towards developing your career with us, we offer:
- Competitive and regularly reviewed salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company vehicle (dependant on role)
- Your professional institution fees covered by us
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- 3 days paid leave per year to participate in community projects
- Comprehensive employee assistance plan
- Eye care vouchers
- Help towards evening class / hobby allowance
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply?
Please send your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: applications are open until 30th April 2024, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. CRL reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities to all and welcome applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, and criminal history.