The Armed Forces Covenant represents a promise by the nation that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly. It is a pledge made across society, including businesses, charities, local authorities, and public sector organisations.
As an employer, we recognise the sacrifice veterans, service leavers and their families have made as well as the value they can bring to our business. As such, we believe that they should face no disadvantage in gaining employment. This is why we have signed the pledge to offer fair treatment and respect to sacrifice veterans, service leavers and their families.
As part of our commitment, we pledge to:
- Promote ourselves as an armed forces-friendly employer,
- support the employment of veterans and service leavers,
- offer flexibility in leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after deployment,
- support reservist employees, allowing for leave for training and deployment,
- where appropriate, offer special treatment for the injured or bereaved
- support national events such as Armed Forces Day,
- support our staff in volunteering or fundraising for armed forces charities
- be reflective on how we can improve our practice to better support veterans, service leavers and their families.