Concrete Repairs Ltd (CRL) is the leading specialist asset maintenance contractor for buildings and structures operating across the UK through a network of 6 regional offices located in London, Bristol, Chesterfield, Falkirk, Kenilworth and Runcorn. Established in 1955, we provide a comprehensive asset management and maintenance service for buildings and all concrete structures. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our service and innovative engineering solutions, underpinned by our commitment to safety and sustainability.
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor at CRL, we will build on your existing knowledge by producing a Career Development Plan specifically for your needs. This will be enhanced by an extensive training programme that develops your understanding of commercial, financial and managerial processes. You will be assigned a dedicated mentor from the commercial team who will help guide you to ensure that you are given the appropriate responsibility and continue your development.
What Will You Be Doing?
You will be introduced to commercial procedures which will enable you to fulfil your role as a key member of the site delivery team. You will assist in collating and assessing site records and data in order to assist with cost control and value recovery across a variety of projects. As you rapidly progress you will take responsibility for the management and administration of subcontract works packages from pre-tender to post contract. Management of subcontract payments, monitoring cashflow and spend profiles will become second nature to you as you start to take control of your own schemes.
As your confidence and knowledge of different types of contracts grows, you will gain well-rounded appreciation of the different facets of Quantity Surveying and Civil Engineering. You will be very team focused working with the Engineers and Project Managers to gain a full understanding of different structures and technologies and the commercial impacts on decisions being made.
All this will be undertaken with the opportunity for you to achieve the attributes needed by your preferred professional body in order that you can rapidly become a Chartered Member.
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying , Commercial Management, Law or Law with Business
- Experience gained within an engineering environment (desirable)
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers’ licence at the time of joining
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
Why work for us
In addition to the training and support you will obtain towards developing your career with us, we offer:
- Competitive and regularly reviewed salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company vehicle (dependant on role)
- Your professional institution fees covered by us
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- 3 days paid leave per year to participate in community projects
- Comprehensive employee assistance plan
- Eye care vouchers
- Help towards evening class / hobby allowance
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: applications are open until 30th April 2024, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. CRL reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We are an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities to all and welcome applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, and criminal history.