Keeping your buildings looking good & in tip-top shape
All buildings deteriorate over time, and no part of the structure more so than the external envelope. If the external facades are not maintained this can, and will cause problems internally. These could vary from damp on the internal walls, leaking through windows and excessive use of energy to heat the apartments/offices. Structural maintenance of the building fabric is also an important part of external building envelope refurbishment.
CRL have the ability and experience to undertake the full external refurbishment of buildings.
The types of works CRL undertake includes;
- Building surveys,
- Concrete & masonry repairs,
- Masonry & cladding wall ties,
- Window & door replacement,
- External M&E works,
- Balcony & balustrade repairs,
- Podium & balcony deck waterproofing,
- Facade cleaning, and
- Protective coatings.
Our Scottish region will also undertake facades installation and façade remediation works to existing blocks in conjunction with other core activities.
The main types of systems covered are;
- SFS framing support work for Cladding systems
- External Wall Insulation systems
- GeBrik panels consisting of pre constructed panels of brick slips on an insultation board which is then pointed to create a continuous brick façade.
- Rainscreen systems incorporating helping hand support work such as;
- Terracota Panels,
- STO Ventec panels,
- Meteon form panels (such as Trespa),
- Rockwool Panels, and
- Cassette systems.
Correct Procurement of most cladding systems is key to achieving programme dates, with many systems having long lead-in times. CRL will advise clients of these procurement timelines and appropriate action that needs taking to meet programme dates.
CRL can assist in the development of any support work design and detailing with our designers and suppliers in line with current standards and regulations. This may include undertaking initial survey works, and when considering and designing the support works for the system this may require undertaking trial anchor installations.